Positive Affirmations to Improve your Mindset & Manifest what you want in Life
What if I told you that you hold the power to change your entire life. That you could not only boost your confidence and mindset, but reach that desired outcome solely through positive thinking and speech alone. Would you believe me?
Well, let me introduce you to the new and life-changing impact of Daily Affirmations.
By using this technique you can achieve everything you ever wanted and become the best version of YOU. The good news?! It can be done in less than 5 minutes a day.
For those of you that may not know, affirmations are simply positive statements that are used to challenge our negative or unwanted thoughts.
Our minds are incredibly powerful. Every thought that crosses through, and every word that comes out of our mouth, becomes our REALITY.
In terms of Self-talk, that is why thinking is literally believing. Our thoughts manifest themselves through the law of attraction. Meaning – That we attract in to our lives what we are FOCUSING on & that positive/negative talk can attract the corresponding experience in to our life.
What do you notice?
Take a minute. Close your eyes. Pay attention to your thoughts.
What do you notice?
Too often, we all engage in negative self talk. Hey, trust me when I say that I still have those moments from time to time like everybody else. Let me give you some common examples: “I am stressed about this upcoming test”, “I am too nervous I can’t do it”, “I feel like my legs are too big and I carry too much weight on my stomach”, or “I am going to fail anyways, so whats the point?”.
I am sure many of you have had these moments, but can you take a second to reflect on how you felt afterwards?
Often times, these statements do nothing but lead us to feeling worse about ourselves. We often self sabotage before we give something a shot, or simply beat ourselves up over what we cannot control.
Let me tell you straight up. This kind of talk is not helpful and does nothing but attract more unwanted, negative energy in to your life.
SO, what can you do?
Step 1: Grab a piece of paper and write down some recent negative thoughts/self talk you have noticed.
- Create a list of at-least 3 statements and change these up weekly depending on what you are noticing.
- Take note of these statements; do they revolve around finances, confidence, body image, etc?
- Ask yourself what you notice about these thoughts? Do they come up when you are stressed, anxious, feeling down? Write these ideas out!
This first step is all about recognizing the way you talk to yourself. The goal is to create more self awareness and to focus in on what negative thoughts you want to specifically target.
This leads us to our next step.
Step 2: Grab a new piece of paper. For each negative statement you previously wrote, I want you to create & write a NEW POSITIVE affirmation/statement to combat it.
If your negative thought was: “I hate my body. I have too much weight on my stomach”.
You would change that to: “I am in love with myself and my body. I am perfect the way I am”.
If your negative thought was: “I am so stressed about this interview. I don’t think I can do it”.
You would change that to: “I am capable. I have the strength to overcome any challenge”.
Make these as SPECIFIC as possible. Instead of a general statement such as “I will be prosperous”, try “I will make an extra $50.000 by the end of the year”. General affirmations work great! However, the more specific statements allow us to send out a specific message to the world and attract what we are hoping to receive.
The goal of this activity is to retrain our thoughts and replace our previously negative statements, with more positive and healthy affirmations.
Step 3: Repeat daily, the positive affirmations you created above.
- Remember when I said that this only takes 5 minutes?? That is this part!
- Make sure you are standing in front of a mirror, look at yourself, and repeat your affirmations ALOUD
- This can be done when you wake up in the morning and before you go to sleep at night – Remember, what we think, we BELIEVE!
- This is the most important step, so make sure that you say your affirmations confidently and truly believe what you are speaking
- Try and allocate 5-10 mins a day for this.
Step 4: Get a Family member/Friend to repeat your affirmations to you!
This can be over the phone, in person, over skype/face-time. The list goes on!
Sometimes hearing these positive statements from others can make a HUGE difference. Unfortunately, as humans we can carry a lot of self doubt. Getting that validation from others and knowing that they believe in your capabilities can give you that jump start you need!
Step 5: Check in with yourself on a daily basis and keep track of those thoughts!
Remember what you THINK you MANIFEST. Make note of any negative statements and make sure to combat them with a more positive affirmation as mentioned in the steps above. Remember, this is going to be a work in progress! We all have those negative thoughts from time to time.
However, it is important to note that YOU have control over your thoughts. You have the power to decide how you choose to respond to a situation. Make sure to take charge, check in with yourself, and practice self love.
You got this!
There are so many affirmations out there to combat different sectors of thoughts depending what you want to focus on. However, if you are confused or do not know where to start, I have included a list of 40 Positive affirmations to get you started. Check out the list below!
40 Positive Affirmations to get YOU started
- I choose to be happy and to love myself today
- Everything I desire is possible – I have the power to create the life I want
- I am worthy – I deserve love, compassion, and empathy
- Creative energy surges through me and leads me to new and brilliant ideas
- I attract opportunity and nothing but good experiences come my way
- My life has meaning and purpose
- I wake up today with strength in my heart, clarity in my mind, and peace in my soul
- Everything I need comes to me at the perfect moment
- I am proud of myself and all that I have accomplished
- I matter. I am allowed to say “no” to others and “yes” to myself
- I attract love in to my life
- I am filled with overflowing gratitude – I am thankful for my parents, friends, and loved ones
- I am strong, courageous, and fearless – I can overcome anything thrown my way
- Positivity is a choice; I choose to be positive
- Today is going to be a great day
- I have the power to make my dreams come true – I can do anything I put my mind to
- I have the courage to keep going
- I trust that the my faith in the universe will gift me with all I need in life – I attract beautiful things
- All that I seek is already within me
- I am surrounded by love
- Prosperity flows through me at all times
- I inhale calm and exhale anxiety
- I am safe; divinely guided and protected
- I have a voice, and my voice matters
- I am abundant in all areas of my life
- Money flows to me easily and frequently
- I am proud of myself
- I am talented, and I value my worth
- I am resilient and can get through anything
- My body is my temple, and I am grateful for all it does
- I have the power to create change
- Today is filled with light, possibility, and love
- I am a magnet of miracles
- I focus on what I CAN control and I let go of what I CAN’T
- I am free of worry and regret
- Everything that is happening now is happening for my ultimate good – The universe will provide for me
- I visualize my dream life and watch as it manifests in to reality
- I release all doubts and insecurities about myself
- I radiate confidence and positivity
- I am worthy of everything good in life. I deserve to be happy
I hope you found these helpful!